Image gallery: 2017 BMW R 1200 RS
BMW Motorrad made quite a splash when it decided to enter India with a wide range of motorcycles. A look at the Indian portfolio reveals that the company has bikes aimed to fulfill a variety of requirements, from the impressive GS to RS range. The bike you see here is the R 1200 RS, built for those who are looking for a sports tourer. BMW says that the bike's sporty yet relaxed riding position as well as wind and weather protection makes it an ideal touring machine. The bike is powered by a 1,170cc, air/liquid cooled, boxer engine that develops 125PS and 125Nm and is priced between 15.90 to 16.90 lakh (ex-Delhi).
The half fairing features symmetrical headlamps, inspired by two generations of the S1000 RR.
The R 1200 RS is powered by a 1.170cc, air/ liquid, boxer engine that develops 125PS and 125 Nm. It is mated to a six-speed gearbox
BMW says the bike offers a mix of riding dynamics and touring suitability
The bike gets 45mm telescopic forks up front and an adjustable monoshock at the rear
The seats are wide and should offer a comfortable riding position
The LED tail lamp is encased in a clear cover
The analogue/ digital instrument cluster is quite large. Notice the analogue speedo
BMW offers a wide range of accessories, like these panniers
Starts Rs 15,05,000
Starts Rs 15,55,000
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know