Image gallery: 2016 Le Mans 24 Hours
384 laps or 5,230km - that's how much the winning car of the 2016 24 Hours of Le Mans drove. To say that the race is demanding is a bit of an understatement. Taking place at the Circuit de la Sarthe, competing cars and their drivers have to race for an entire day at speeds over 300kmph. But not everything is serious at one of the biggest motorsport events of the year. Parades, exhibitions, food - the list goes on. Rather, calling it a motorsport festival sounds more apt. Here's a small collection of the moments we documented at one of the most amazing events one can attend.
#5 Toyota TS060 Hybrid, the winner that should have been
A train of LMP1 and LMGTE Pro cars entering the first Ford Chicane
Ford's return to Le Mans with the GT gave them the win after a long hiatus
Here we have Patrick Dempsey, starring in the 2016 season of Race Anatomy
A full-scale model of legendary Ford GT, made entirely of Legos
The race winning trio - Jani, Dumas and Lieb at the parade
Cars leaving the first chicane of the Mulsanne straight
The #7 Audi R18 driven by Fassler, Lotterer and Treluyer whizzing past
Some say he decided to participate in the 2016 Le Mans parade
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know