IAA 2019: Jaguar teases the next-gen all-electric XJ sedan
Jaguar Land Rover's biggest highlight at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show has been the new Defender. But Jaguar slipped in a surprise by giving out an early glimpse of what the next-generation all-electric Jaguar XJ sedan might look like.
The image shows that the XJ will get a full-width LED light strip at the back which is a further interpretation of the U-shaped elements derived from the F-Type. The bootlid itself is quite stubby and has an upswept edge to it, reminiscent of Jaguar's smaller XE and XF saloons. The roofline is quite reminiscent of the last car, and seems to have a more exaggerated coupe roofline.
The XJ will be developed by the same team of designers and engineers which made the I-Pace EV SUV. The firm also committed itself to manufacture these cars in the UK, at its existing facilities in Castle Bromwich, along with additional investments. This safeguards thousands of UK jobs. However, Speth said that it was looking for cross-industry co-operation to address the challenges of affordability and convenience.
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each