IAA 2019: Europe gets a go-faster Hyundai with the i10 N Line
Hyundai has shown the sporty top-spec version of the new third-gen Hyundai i10 at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show. This is called the Hyundai i10 N-Line and gets more aggressive styling bits both inside and out, aside from a more powerful engine.
This is the fourth Hyundai model to get the N-Line treatment globally after the i30, i30 Fastback, and the Tucson. The i10 N Line gets a redesigned front grille with the sharp inserts and red highlights. The DRLs are new too, as are the larger foglamp inserts. This is complemented by the larger 16-inch wheels with their sharp kite motifs. The i10 badging on the C pillar and the bumper lip is also finished in red.
On the inside is an all-black cabin with more red accents, much like what we get in the dual-tone versions of the Nios. There is also sportier steering wheels, gearknob and dials with N badging.
Buyers internationally can choose from the 1.2-litre 4-cylinder petrol with 83PS and 118Nm or a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbo with 99PS and 172Nm. Hyundai India has said that it is considering N Line models for India and this could make sense for us. The car debuts in Europe in summer 2020.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety
- Goodbye Cyrus Gandhy-Burn the rubber on your way to heaven