IAA 2019: 2020 Audi A5 and S5 range looks better than ever
Close on the heels of the updated Audi A4 comes the new A5 range - updated in time with more sizzle and dazzle for the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show.
2020 Audi A5 Coupe
Audi's brat pack has been given redesigned bumpers and the new headlights now have the segmented LED brow which is similar to the newer Audis. A similar treatment is also seen in the taillights.
These little nips and tucks make the A5 appear wider and complementing that further is a redesigned grille. The A5 and S5 use a sportier honeycomb mesh pattern for the grille, but the latter has a bit of chrome garnish to establish a distinction.
On the inside, the changes are primarily around the infotainment. The old rotary knob controlled MMI now makes way for a sleeker 10.1-inch touchscreen similar to the one in the more premium Audi saloons. It has haptic feedback and an enhanced voice recognition system.
The powertrain choices for the range include four and six-cylinder petrol and diesel choices, out of which, four engines now come with a 12V mild-hybrid system featuring a belt-driven alternator starter. These are likely to be brought to the Indian market too. Gearbox choices include the 7-speed S-Tronic dual-clutch or an 8-speed torque converter.
Expect these updates to arrive into India early next year.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 69.24 Lakhs
Starts Rs 55.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 70.6 Lakhs
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year