Hyundai's Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV rival coming in April 2019
Hyundai is working on an all-new sub-4m SUV code named QXI that will take on the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India. OVERDRIVE has also learnt that Hyundai will launch this SUV in India in April next year. We believe this all-new Hyundai SUV will be a production form of the Calino SUV concept that was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo in India.
The production version of the Hyundai Carlino SUV is expected to be exported in international markets as well
It is expected to be powered by a 1.0 litre T-GDi turbo-petrol producing 120PS and 117Nm, which will most likely be made by Hyundai India locally. Accompanying the turbo-petrol will be Hyundai's naturally-aspirated 1.2 litre Kappa petrol, that produces 84PS and 117Nm. Diesel variants will be powered by the 1.4 litre U2 CRDi motor that produces 90PS of power and 224Nm of torque.
60 per cent of the compact SUV's R&D will be carried out in India.
Media reports suggest that about 60 per cent of the compact SUV's R&D will be carried out in India. In addition, Hyundai is also working on a low-cost AMT technology, expected to be introduced next year, which might make its way to this SUV as well. This Carlino-derived SUV could play an important role in helping Hyundai compete in this extremely popular segment, that currently is dominated by the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled