Hyundai's Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV rival coming in April 2019
Hyundai is working on an all-new sub-4m SUV code named QXI that will take on the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India. OVERDRIVE has also learnt that Hyundai will launch this SUV in India in April next year. We believe this all-new Hyundai SUV will be a production form of the Calino SUV concept that was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo in India.
The production version of the Hyundai Carlino SUV is expected to be exported in international markets as well
It is expected to be powered by a 1.0 litre T-GDi turbo-petrol producing 120PS and 117Nm, which will most likely be made by Hyundai India locally. Accompanying the turbo-petrol will be Hyundai's naturally-aspirated 1.2 litre Kappa petrol, that produces 84PS and 117Nm. Diesel variants will be powered by the 1.4 litre U2 CRDi motor that produces 90PS of power and 224Nm of torque.
60 per cent of the compact SUV's R&D will be carried out in India.
Media reports suggest that about 60 per cent of the compact SUV's R&D will be carried out in India. In addition, Hyundai is also working on a low-cost AMT technology, expected to be introduced next year, which might make its way to this SUV as well. This Carlino-derived SUV could play an important role in helping Hyundai compete in this extremely popular segment, that currently is dominated by the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand