Hyundai Venue SUV could get a sportier N Line variant internationally
An international news outlet has stated that Hyundai North America COO, Brian Smith, has said that a sportier variant of the recently unveiled Hyundai Venue compact SUV will be sold in North America and Australia at least.
This model will be called the Venue N Line and will come with a sportier styling package. This is unlike other N Line packages available globally on cars like the Elantra and Sonata, which get more powerful engines and a sportier suspension setup. A Venue equipped as such could make sense for India as a top-of-the-line model to go up against cars like the Ford Ecosport S.
The SUV will get two petrol and one diesel engine which will be mated to two manual and one dual-clutch automatic transmission in various permutations. One of the petrols, and of most interest to us, is the new Kappa T-GDI 1.0 litre turbo. This three-cylinder motor will make 120PS and 172 Nm. This will be paired with two gearboxes, a new seven-speed dual-clutch automatic and a six-speed manual. The other petrol motor, for lower-spec cars, will be the 1.2 litre petrol with 83PS and 116 Nm, as seen on various Hyundai cars in India. The single diesel option will be the 1.4 litre four cylinder turbo diesel motor which puts out 90PS and 220 Nm, paired with a six-speed manual.
Also see: Hyundai Venue Compact SUV Unveiled In India First Look Video
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsEV chargers planned for over 69,000 petrol pumps across India
- News2020 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.26 lakh
- News2021 BMW S 1000 R gets Euro V engine along with more tech and new styling
- NewsCOVID19: Maharashtra to screen travellers from NCR, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat
- NewsDucati updates XDiavel and Scrambler range for 2021