Hyundai Kona all-electric crossover gets listed on manufacturer's Indian website
Hyundai Kona, the all-electric crossover is all set to debut in the Indian market on July 9, 2019. Ahead of its official unveil, the Hyundai Kona has been listed on the manufacturer's Indian website.
Team OVERDRIVE recently drove the Hyundai Kona in Korea. The International version of the all-electric crossover gets a choice of two battery packs - 39.2kWh and a 64kWh. The smaller battery pack has a range of 300km and can be charged in six hours. Also, the power output is rated at 134PS and can make a 0-100kmph run in 9.3 seconds. The larger battery pack has a range of 450km and can be charged in nine hours. Though a fast charger could bring down the charge time to one hour for 80 per cent of charge. The larger pack has a power output of 203PS.
The styling of the Kona is expected to be the same as the international model. The crossover like body type and added plastic bits give the wheel arch a rugged look. The minor changes would include a little jacked-up suspension to offer more ground clearance considering our road conditions.
The Kona is expected to be brought to the country via CKD (completely knocked down route) and could be priced between Rs 25-30 lakh mark, ex-showroom. The Kona will be placed alongside Compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Jeep Compass and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Also see: Hyundai Kona Electric First Drive Video
Starts Rs 23.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 33.24 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet