Hyundai India rolls out its five millionth car
Hyundai Motors India has rolled out the 5 millionth car at its manufacturing unit in Irrungattukottai, near Chennai. The milestone car was a Grand i10. Hyundai started production in India in 1998. Hyundai has successfully completed 15 years in India, with an investment of $ 2.7 billion and production capacity of 6.8 lakh cars.
Hyundai boasts of 46% export market share and 20.3% in the passenger car segment. "The 5 million car roll-out is an important milestone and a symbol of Hyundai's long-term commitment to the Indian market. As we reach this significant landmark, I would thank our valuable customers, founding partners, employees, dealers and suppliers for their support and commitment. We will continue to focus our efforts in the Indian automobile industry through investments and world-class products," said B.S. Seo, MD and CEO, Hyundai Motors India.
Bo Shin Seo and Shahrukh Khan with the milestone Grand i10
Through the fifteen years, Hyundai has also had an association with with Shahrukh Khan. Hyundai and Shahrukh Khan's association has been one of the longest brand ambassador associations in India.
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?