Hyundai India reports cumulative sales of 12,583 units in May 2020
Hyundai India has released its cumulative sales figure for the month of May 2020, which stand at 12,583 units. These numbers includes 6,883 units for the domestic market and 5,700 units in exports. Last year during the same period, the company sold 42,502 units alone in the domestic market, while exports were 16,600 units, wherein the cumulative sales stood at 59,102 units. This interprets into a drop of 84 percent in domestic sales. However, it is the novel Coronavirus that has affected the sales of all the manufacturers around the world.
"In an extremely challenging market environment, HMIL made a humble beginning towards normalcy by registering cumulative sales of 12,583 for the month of May 2020. This performance was made possible on account of strong customer interest and demand pull generated by trendsetter brands like the new-gen Creta, Verna, Venue, Elite i20 and Grand i10 NIOS. Drawing strength from Hyundai's vision of Progress for Humanity, we have prepared ourselves to welcome our customers back in this new normal while ensuring adherence to safety guidelines at our showrooms and workshops and expedite economic recovery." commented, Tarun Garg, Director (Sales, Marketing & Service), Hyundai Motor India Limited.
Hyundai mentions the new-gen Creta, launched in April this year, has received 24000 bookings since its launch in India. While the company showrooms have delivered 11,000 units and have received 15,000 bookings in May 2020. In compliance with the Government regulations, 850 showrooms (dealership and rural sales outlets) and almost 1000 workshops have resumed business.
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year