Hyundai India records highest monthly sales since inception
The festive season seems to have enlivened the Indian auto industry, up to a level even the most optimistic predictions haven't accounted for. The COVID-19 lull seems to have been left far behind, and one of the best examples of these is Hyundai's sales figures for October 2020.
The Korean carmaker has recorded its highest-ever monthly sales in India since setting up shop here in 1996. The company sold 56,605 units domestically in October 2020 with 12,230 more units being exported. This is a significant 12 per cent increase over last month's 50,313 units. Its also a similar 13 per cent increase over the 50,010 units Hyundai sold in October 2019. Prior to this, the highest monthly sales that Hyundai had ever recorded came in October 2018 with 52,001 units.
Aside from the Creta and Venue SUV that have been consistently topping sales charts, the facelifted Hyundai Verna has also been a big success. Other top sellers for Hyundai have been the Aura sub-four-metre sedan and the Nios hatchback. Hyundai has been on a launch spree, consistently launching new variants of its existing cars like the Venue iMT, Nios Turbo and Elantra diesel, as well as facelifts of its existing line-up with the Tucson and Verna. The carmaker's next big launch is the third-gen Hyundai i20.
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch