Hyundai Grand i10 Nios and Hyundai Aura diesel engines to be discontinued?
Hyundai India has ceased taking reservations for the diesel versions of the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios and Hyundai Aura, implying that the diesel option may be phased out shortly. Petrol and CNG variants are still available in both vehicles.
One of the reasons for this recent development might be the low demand for the diesel option in these vehicles. Hyundai has yet to make an official statement about this though.
A 1.2-litre inline 3-cylinder engine produces 74PS and 190 Nm of torque in the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios and Hyundai Aura diesel.
Hyundai has apparently discontinued these important models due to low sales and the cost of producing low-cost diesel when it can sell petrol counterparts for the same price with some feature upgrades.
The decreasing price differential between petrol and diesel in India might potentially be a role in the diesel versions being phased out. With the release of its own cost comparison graphs between diesel and petrol automobiles, Maruti Suzuki was the first to initiate the no-diesel plan.
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled