Hyundai Elite i20 Cross to be launched in India by early 2015
Various sightings of the Hyundai Elite i20 Cross testing around Chennai have led to much conjecture. Now Hyundai India has confirmed that the car will be launched in India around early 2015, most probably in the month of February. The i20 Cross will be followed by the launch of the new ix25 crossover and the refreshed Elantra and Verna.
The Hyundai Elite i20 Cross has been styled on the likes of the Toyota Etios Cross, Cross Polo and the recently launched Fiat Avventura. It gets front and rear bumper skids, LED daytime running lamps, projector headlamps, newly designed alloys as well as side body cladding. There is also a chance that Hyundai may have increased the ground clearance of the Cross. The interiors are expected to remain the same as the Elite i20 hatchback.
Hyundai will be retaining the same petrol and diesel engines for the Elite i20 Cross. This means a 1.4-litre turbodiesel which will make 90PS of power and the 1.2-litre petrol will produce 83PS. Both will be mated to manual transmissions. The Elite i20 Cross will be priced marginally higher than the hatchback.
Image source: IndianAutosBlog
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet