Hyundai could offer 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine in Elite i20 and Verna in near future
Hyundai Venue debuted in the Indian market and the prices for the compact -SUV being at Rs 6.50 lakh ex-showroom. That said, the Venue's main attraction is the new drivetrain the new petrol drivetrain the Korean manufacturers have to offer. The 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that put out 120 PS at 6000rpm and 170Nm of torque between 1500-4000rpm in the Venue along with an optional seven-speed dual clutch gearbox.
The new boosted motor is in place to make the Venue compliant with the stringent BSVI norms that will come in play from April 1, 2020. That said, its siblings, the Hyundai Elite i20 and the Hyundai Verna could benefit from the same drivetrain as it is a smaller capacity engine with a higher output - which also means higher efficiency.
The Verna in its current state of tune produces 120PS from a 1.6-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine. With the 1.0-litre GDI engine, the sedan can have a similar output with smaller capacity to displace. Similarly, the Elite i20 puts out 84PS in its current state of tune. The downsized engine could be tuned on a milder side for the hatchback to produces shy under 100PS.
With a new engine, the Verna and the Elite i20 could avail an option of a seven-speed dual clutch gearbox. However, only time will tell what the manufacturers have in mind for their hatchbacks and sedan in the near future.
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each