Hyosung fires second salvo
Garware Motors, who sell Hyosungs in India, have confirmed that the GT250R is set for launch in May 2012. We expect the price to be around Rs 2-2.5 lakh. May will also see the introduction of the GV650 cruiser - which shares the GT650R's engine, at an estimated Rs 5 lakh. Come August, the GV250 cruiser will also join the fun. Hyosung will further bring the naked GT250 - the same Comet that Kinetic imported and sold here a few years ago.
The GT250R boasts a 27PS, 250cc V-twin in a twin-spar frame nearly identical to its 650cc sibling. Then there are upside down forks, monoshock rear suspension and fat tyres. The GT250 promises to neatly bridge the gap between the CBR250R and the Ninja 250R in price as well as performance terms. Currently, the company sells the faired GT650R, the GT650N and the ST7 cruiser through its dealer network.
Hyosung GT250R technical specifications
Engine Type: Air / Oil cooled DOHC 8-valve 75° V-twin
Max Power: 27PS at 10,000rpm
Max Torque: 21.04Nm at 6,750rpm
Starts Rs 3,38,600
- Spec Comparison: Hyundai Tucson Vs Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan Vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Helmet cameras are now a punishable offence in Kerala
- Top-5 best selling cars for July 2022
- Mahindra drop another teaser showing off the upcoming EVs infotainment
- Upcoming Audi Q3 bookings commence from Rs 2 lakh