Honda to launch its CBR650F in India on August 4
Honda's competition to the Kawasaki Z800, Ducati Monster 821 and Triumph Street Triple will finally be launched in India on August 4. The highly anticipated CBR650F that will be assembled in India (with localisation levels of five per cent) and will use a 649cc liquid-cooled engine with an inline four cylinder layout that sits in a twin-spar steel frame. Delivery of this engine's 87PS and 62Nm of torque will be managed by a 6-speed transmission.
The braking system for the CBR comprises a 320mm twin-piston calliper disc for the front wheel and a 240mm single-piston calliper disc at the rear wheel with ABS as standard. The suspension set up is a 41mm telescopic fork up front and a monoshock with spring-preload adjustability at the rear. This bike will have a full fairing, a single seat and an underbelly exhaust which is a first for a Honda motorcycle in India. The CBR has a kerb weight of 209kg with a wheelbase stretching to 1447.8mm and a ground clearance of 130mm. It will run on 120/70 ZR17 tyres in the front and 180/55 ZR17 tyres at the rear.
The CBR650F's price range will fall right in the middle of its competition with ex-showroom prices expected to be between Rs 7-8 lakh.
More from OVERDRIVE on Honda Two-Wheelers:
Starts Rs 10,99,000
Starts Rs 69,422
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?