Honda teases Civic Type-R concept before its Geneva debut
Honda has teased an image of its Civic Type-R concept which is scheduled to debut at the Geneva Motor Show.
The Civic type R is a wildly popular model from Honda stables and has a number of young enthusiasts around the globe who pep it up with aftermarket parts making it a sportier and more performance oriented machine.
The current generation type-R has a 2.0 litre four cylinder engine making 200PS and 192Nm of torque which might not sound much. Now, take the weight of 1338 kg in to equation and what you get is very quick machine. The 0-100 km/h dash is completed in a claimed 6.4 seconds. Expect the next gen car to be faster than the current offering. Propelling the vehicle forward are the front wheels to which power is transmitted through a six-speed gearbox.
Honda in the past few years has acquired a reputation for showcasing their near production ready cars in concept forms. In all probability the vehicle to be showcased will be the next production version of this hot hatch.
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
- Nissan Magnite: Best-in-class, throughout
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased