Honda motorcycles India expresses concern on electrification of two-wheelers in India
Honda motorcycles India gave out a statement on the Indian government's plan on electrifying two and three wheelers before 2023 and 2025 respectively.
"Globally, Honda has an experience of developing and selling electric two-wheelers for over 25 years. Due to multiple factors including vehicle cost, riding performance, range and infrastructure, customers' adoption of EV is still a major challenge." said the statement.
The statement also mentions the industry should stabilize after the adoption of BSVI emission norms. Also, adding to its concern are the price conscious customers and owners who have a high commute daily.
Honda hopes for a well-laid plan worked in tandem with the government, the automotive industry and its stakeholders while looking at external as well as internal factors such as air pollution, energy security, cost of technology, availability of raw materials and Infrastructure while addressing employment impact to increase stepwise penetration of Electric Vehicles
The statement has come out after the unveiling of Honda India's first BSVI scooter, the Honda Activa 125 which happens to be India's first BSVI scooter as well. Honda has also filed 26 patents while developing the Activa BSVI scooter. The BSVI Hond Activa 125 will be launched in the month of August and will be available in six different colours.
Starts Rs 67,490
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh