Honda launches its 2013 range of scooters in India with HET
With crude prices rising ever so high, the need of the hour is more and more fuel efficient vehicles and HMSI has done just that by launching an updated scooter range here with a claimed mileage figure of 60kmpl. The Dio, Activa and Aviator now come fitted with Honda Eco Technology (HET) which has been developed in conjunction with the Japanese company's research divisions in India, Thailand and Japan. The bump in fuel efficiency by as much as 11 per cent has been achieved due to a reduced friction by offset crank, optimized pulley converter ratio and improved combustion.
Prices and changes for the scooter range then? The Activa's 110cc engine still makes 8PS and is available in a new Wild Purple colour, priced at Rs 47,188. The Aviator gets a new Royal Gold Metallic shade and is priced at Rs 48,212 while the Dio comes with a new Pearl Trance Yellow color priced at Rs 44,701 ex-Delhi.
Alongside the new scooter range launch, Honda also inaugurated its 10,000 square meters Honda Technical Centre in Manesar. Employing over 200 engineers, this facility will be HMSI's R&D wing for two wheelers in India.
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled