Honda India sales dip by 31 percent for November 2021
In November 2021, Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL) reported monthly domestic sales of 5,457 units. In November 2021, HCIL also shipped a total of 1,447 units.
In the same month last year, HCIL sold a total of 10,021 units. Domestic sales were 5,457 units in November 2021, down from 9,990 units the previous month, according to a statement from HCIL. It noted that exports were 1,447 units last month, up from 31 units the previous month.
Production has been reduced from 10k units to almost half due to production restrictions. In November, HCIL used non-production days to deal with a chip shortage. Sales are down 32.70 percent on a month-over-month basis. 2,651 units have been lost since October 2021, compared to 8,108 units in October 2021.
Commenting on Nov'21 sales performance, Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President and Director-Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd said, "Despite consistent demand in the market, supply-side issues owing to the global chip shortage remain a concern. The company had to resort to non-production days in November'21 because of the same. We have been selling our entire production stock during the last few months and making all efforts to meet the market demand as much as possible."
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety
- Goodbye Cyrus Gandhy-Burn the rubber on your way to heaven