Honda City fifth-generation teased, expected to launch in April 2020
Honda just released a teaser of the next-generation City which is set to launch in April 2020. The teaser shows the front profile of the sedan with sharp LED headlamps and revised bumper area and fog lamps, which looks similar to the version showcased in Thailand. The new City will most probably come with the same set of engines, the 1.5-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine meeting BSVI emission norms. Also, the new City is expected to come with a mild-hybrid petrol powertrain.
Talking about the cabin, the next-gen City will get a new 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, rotary dials for the climate control replacing the touch control buttons and newly-designed instrument cluster. The new City is also expected to come with the new 16-inch alloys, which was seen in the international version.
The fifth-generation of the City is expected to launch in April 2020 with bookings likely to commence from March onwards. No details about the pricing as for now, but the new City will come with a slight premium compared to its current model. The prices for the ongoing City start at Rs 10.21 lakh, ex-showroom, for the base SV petrol and goes up to Rs 14.58 lakh ex-showroom for the ZX diesel. The fifth-generation of the Honda City will rival with the Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and the Volkswagen Vento when launched in India.
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh