Honda CBR150R facelift to get split headlamps?
Japanese bike manufacturer Honda has been working on a facelift for its CBR150R model and the updated model is expected soon. An Indonesian blog has reported that the upcoming model will carry the same tube frame found in the more powerful CBR250R and CBR300R models.
The new bike will be having split headlamps and a completely new fairing
The blog says that the new bike will have split headlamps and a completely new fairing; another website has even rendered the upcoming model's front fascia. The switchgear should also see the introduction of an engine kill switch and a pass flasher.
Engine will remain unchanged from the current model
The current CBR150R will be replaced by the updated version in Indian and South East Asian markets, and will likely be powered by the same engine. The current generation model is powered by a single cylinder, 150cc, four stroke engine producing 17.8PS of power and 12.66Nm of pulling power available from 8500rpm. Power is transmitted through a 6-speed manual gearbox with the suspension being telescopic at the front end and monoshocks at the rear. The bike has a ground clearance of 190mm and tips the scales at 138kg. It gets discs at the front and rear but ABS sadly isn't available even as an option.
We checked with HMSI and they declined to comment on this development.
In India the CBR150R competes with Yamaha YZF-R15 and does not sell well compared to its rival. The YZF-R15 is also receiving an update shortly and it will be interesting to see how this competition turns out, guess, we'll just have to wait and see.
Starts Rs 20,39,233
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor