Honda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
With a recent launch of the Honda CBR650R fully-faired motorcycle in India, Honda motorcycles India seems to be geared up to cater the customers in commuter, as well as premium bike segments. This is assured by the company's recent inauguration of the BigWing dealership in Gurugram, India, where the company only retails its premium products, accesories and merchandise.
It is rumoured that Honda motorcycles could bring the naked CB650R motorcycle to India by early next year. This could be in regard to the positive response the company has received with the Honda CB300R, which is also entry-level offering in the WingWorld dealerships. If Honda brings the middleweight naked motorcycle in our market, it could directly rival the Kawasaki Z650 and the KTM 790 Duke (which is one of the most highly anticipated motorcycles of the year).
The CB650R is essentially a naked version of the Honda CBR650R, which was launched yesterday in India for the price of Rs 7.7 lakh ex-showroom pan India. The CB650R gets the same 649cc liquid-cooled four-cylinder, DOHC 16-valve engine. However, the international spec produces 95Ps and 64Nm of torque. For the Indian market, the engine could be detuned to produce 84PS and 60Nm. The bike gets adjustable 41 mm Showa Separate Fork Function (SFF) USD forks that offer superior suspension response and dual-channel ABS setup with dual radially mounted callipers on the front and a single-piston rear calliper.
Starts Rs 2,41,000
Starts Rs 7,70,000
Starts Rs 5,94,000
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know