Honda Cars India announces price hike for the BR-V, City and CR-V
The additional compensation cess announced by the government of India has led another manufacturer to raise the prices of its products. Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) has increased the prices of the BR-V, City and CR-V by Rs 12,000 - 89,000. This price hike has been in effect from September 11, 2017. The models like the Brio, Amaze, Jazz and WR-V aren't affected by this price increase.
The Honda BR-V sees a price hike of nearly Rs 20,000
Recently manufacturers like Toyota and Hyundai had announced that they are on the lines of a price hike. It is expected that in a few days more manufacturers will join the fray and announce a price rise. Prices of certain mild hybrid vehicles like the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga SHVS and Ciaz SHVS have been increased exponentially whereas before the price hike, they used to get the FAME incentives. FAME used to favour hybrid and electric vehicles. However, the government of India has now withdrawn the scheme.
Honda is expected to bring in the Civic as well as its newer models into India within the next 15-20 months. The models they launched this year include the refreshed Honda City as well as the WR-V. A refreshed Jazz is expected to join the fray soon. In the same vein, Honda also discontinued the Mobilio MPV due to lack of sales.
Also see: 2018 Honda CR-V diesel | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030