Honda becomes only manufacturer to sell 25 million scooters in India
Honda 2Wheelers India has now become the only manufacturer to sell over 25 million scooters in the country. The company achieved this milestone by selling around 5 million units in the last year. Honda 2Wheelers had taken 10 years to achieve its first 10 million scooter sales in India, while the second 10 came in just three years. When it first launched the Activa in the country, Honda had enjoyed a 10 per cent segment share, which has now risen to 32 per cent in 2018.
Overall, the company accounts for 57 per cent of the market. It range of scooters includes the Honda Cliq, the Activa 125, Grazia, and of course the Activa 5G. Speaking about the achievement, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, senior VP - sales and marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) said that Honda aims to lead the next wave of scooterisation which has already started in Tier-II and tier-III towns.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate