Honda announces its association with Tour de India 2013
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India, (HMSI) has made an official announcement of its association with Tour de India (TDI) 2013. Tour de India is India's biggest cycling race, organized by ID Sports. The Honda CBR 250R is the official lead bike for the TDI 2013 races which will be hosted on December 15, 17 and 22 in Mumbai, Jaipur and Delhi respectively.
Tour de India is the country's first international cycling event which aims to promote cycling as a sport in India and looks to draw more people towards cycling. Actor John Abraham, also a bike enthusiast, is the face of Tour de India for the next three years.
"We are proud to be associated with an initiative like Tour De India. Honda CBR250R is one of India's favorite and most Awarded sports bike, and it would complement the racing enthusiasts participating in Tour de India 2013.", said Y. S. Guleria, vice president sales & marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.
The CBR250R is Honda's model that looks to find a middle between performance, commuting and touring. It is powered by 249cc liquid-cooled DOHC engine that makes 26PS of max power and 23Nm of peak torque. It has a 6-speed transmission. In the Indian market, it takes on the likes of Hyosung GT250, Ninja 300 and the Duke 390.
Starts Rs 1,64,143
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh