Honda Amaze to use world's lowest viscosity engine oil
Honda have developed an all new engine oil for the Amaze's diesel engine whose properties are very similar to 5W 30 and which Honda claims has the world's lowest viscosity. This oil has lower viscosity at low operating temperatures but maintains the same viscosity at high temperatures. The primary objective of this is to ensure higher fuel efficiency. Honda claims that due to this oil fuel saving is a significant as 1% leading up to its class leading 25.8kmpl claimed fuel efficiency.
The Amaze sedan uses a lightweight engine that weighs in at just around 152 kilos. Apart from a open deck aluminum block several lightweight weight components can be found inside the engine. Light and strong crankshaft using nitride in construction, piston and connecting rods, a narrower and shorter piston skirt. The aim was to reduce frictional losses inside the engine. The specifically developed engine oil aims to reduce those friction losses further and thus improve fuel efficiency.
With this oil however engine service intervals will be maintained at 6 months or 10000 kilometres whichever comes first.
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
- Yamaha India introduces the FZ 25 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition at Rs 1.36 lakh
- MG Astor interiors leaked ahead of late-2021 launch
- First Maruti Suzuki EV to launch before 2025, priced below Rs 10 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Tata Xpres-T EV launched in India at Rs 9.75 lakh