Honda 2Wheelers to expand production capacity to 7 million units per year in India
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd has announced that it will expand its annual production capacity in the country to million units. The fourth production plant is located at Vithalapur area in the western state of Gujarat near Ahmedabad. Inaugurated in February 2016 with a production capacity of 0.6 million units initially, the factory was expanded to 1.2 million capacity in June 2016. Honda 2Wheelers will additionally invest Rs 630 crore to build a new production line within the existing plant site.
The new production line will add 0.6 million units and increase the total annual production capacity of scooters only facility at Vithalapur to 1.8 million units by the year 2020. This expansion will increase Honda 2Wheeler India's overall annual production capacity to 7 million units by year 2020.
Elaborating on this milestone, Minoru Kato, president and CEO - HMSI said, "Over the years, Honda has been investing and expanding its capacity to enhance customer's joy in the largest two-wheeler market of the world. The additional capacity at our 4th factory reinforces our commitment to serve our customers faster, who have reposed their trust in brand Honda."
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years