HMSI has 15 million customers in India
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI) has reached 15 million customer milestone in its thirteenth year of operation.
While HMSI acquired its 10millionth customer in July 2012, it's taken just another 18 months to reach the next five million customers. HMSI says that majority of this growth is the result of the company's foray in to the mass motorcycle segment with its Dream Yuga and Neo models being received well by customers.
2013 Honda and Dream Yuga
While HMSI's first production facility was set up at Manesar in 1999, operations began only in 2001. Currently HMSI operates three manufacturing facilities in India at Manesar (Haryana), Tapukara (Rajasthan) and Narsapura (Karnataka), which will have a total annual production capacity of 46 lakh units by the end of this year.
YS Guleria, vice-president, HMSI sales & marketing, said: "Achieving the 15 million customers mark in such a short period is a testimony to growing customer trust on Honda brand. To meet customer demand and reach out to new markets, Honda has intensified its efforts to rapidly expand its network by adding 500 new touch-points and take its growing network to 2500."
Starts Rs 42,391
- Every Drop Counts: India's most fuel-efficient cars of 2021
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700