Hero Splendor Pro Classic launched at Rs 53,900
Ever since the Royal Enfield Continental GT came out, cafe racers have been all the rage. We'd spotted the Pro Classic, which is the cafe racer-styled variant of the Splendor at the Auto Expo this year, along with a lot of takes on this version from automakers like Mahindra and Triumph.
While the Pro Classic we'd seen there was production ready, it wasn't until now that Hero brought the variant out and it's been launched at Rs 53,900 (ex-Delhi). In the interest of lending the retro-cafe racer look to the bike, Hero have given it that prominent round headlamp, with orange indicators and chrome-finished mirrors on each side and split handlebars. The frame is pretty much the same as the regular Splendor's, save for additions like the customary fuel tank, side cowl, silencer can, mudguards and a bulging rear.
It's powered by a 8.36PS and 8.05Nm producing uprated 97.2cc air cooled engine. The mill comes mated to a 4-speed manual gearbox.
At an attractive Rs 53,900 (ex-Delhi), this may be the most affordable cafe racer-styled motorcycle in the market right now.
- Delhi government changes laws for diesel vehicles over 10 years old
- Indian Highways - And our "Delicious Dhabas"
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?
- New-gen 2022 Suzuki S-Cross leaked, global debut November 25
- Suzuki Avenis 125cc scooter launched in India with prices starting at Rs 86,700