Hero MotoCorp makes two key appointments to beef up research and sales
Hero MotoCorp, the world's leading two-wheeler maker, has continued its bid to strengthen their R&D and sales arms by making two high-profile appointments.
Markus Feichtner has been appointed to head the newly set up Engine Design & Development division. Feichtner, an expert in engine technology, was the executive director of India technical centre of Austria-based engines specialist Anstalt fur Verbrennungskraftmaschinen List (AVL).
AVL is a technology partner of Hero MotoCorp and Feichtner has been working closely with the Indian company's R&D team. He will report to the R&D head at Hero.
2014 Hero Karizma
Hero MotoCorp is currently building India's largest two-wheeler R&D centre in the outskirts of Jaipur at an investment of Rs 450 crore.
Hero has also appointed Rajat Bhargava as the head of Strategy & Performance Transformation. Bhargava will report directly to the MD & CEO Pawan Munjal.
Bhargava was a senior partner at McKinsey & Company, where he led the purchasing & supply management practice in Asia Pacific and co-led McKinsey's operations and industrial practices in India. At McKinsey, he worked with automotive OEMs, suppliers and other industrial companies on bottom line improvement, strategy and organisation transformation.
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained