Hero Motocorp and Magneti Marelli begin production of Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) systems
Hero Motocorp which had joined hands with Italian component supplier Magneti Marelli in 2013 to develop low cost Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) systems for its motorcycles, has now started making them in India. The manufacturing facility is located at Manesar in Haryana. In addition to EFI systems, the facility will also produce immobilisers, flexi fuel, multi-fuel management and traction control systems.
The low cost EFI system is compact and light which could enable Hero Motocorp to introduce the technology in its mass market products, including scooters. The Glamour Fi was the first Hero product to sport fuel injection. The upcoming Hero HX250R and its automatic scooter Zir could debut with the new EFI system.
Magneti Marelli which holds a 40 per cent stake in this joint venture (HMC-MM Auto Ltd) stands to benefit from this collaboration as Hero is the market leader in India. The jointly developed products are likely to be sold to other motorcycle manufacturers in the near future as well. Hero, on the other hand, could price EFI equipped products competitively since it plans to expand its presence globally.
- Top 5 most fuel efficient SUVs in India
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Production-spec Mahindra XUV700 leaked ahead of launch, interior teased
- Jeep Meridian 7-seater SUV spied testing in India ahead of early-2022 launch
- 2021 Honda Amaze facelift leaked ahead of August 18 launch