Helpdesk: Hyundai Elite i20 or Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
My budget is Rs 7 lakh and I'm interested in buying either the Maruti Swift Dzire or the Hyundai Elite i20. Which is the better car considering cabin space and running costs. I drive 20km a day so the petrol variant is ideal.
Hyundai Elite i20
While the Dzire is a compact sedan, the i20 is a hatchback. Interestingly both cars are priced almost on par. The Hyundai offers better cabin space though and is also the newer car. The Dzire disappoints when it comes to rear kneeroom while bootspace is only slightly better on paper. The i20 offers better quality too and in our opinion, is the car to get.
See our spec comparo for more information: Hyundai Elite i20 vs Maruti Suzuki Swift vs VW Polo vs Fiat Punto
More from OVERDRIVE on the Hyundai Elite i20:
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- Mercedes-Benz service: Putting luxury car ownership within reach
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant