Helpdesk: City over Ciaz?
I currently drive a Toyota Etios in Bangalore and am looking to upgrade to a larger car. My daily commute isn't a lot but I drive once a month to Kochi, a 1,000km drive from Bangalore, and back. Considering claimed fuel efficiency and cost of ownership, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz fits the bill well for me. The Honda City, however, seems to be a more stylish car, quality is better too. Is it true that the running costs are higher in the City compared to the Ciaz?
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is the better diesel car when compared to the Honda City. However, the places change when it comes to the petrol variants. The Honda i-VTEC engine is a lot more refined, powerful and just as efficient as the Ciaz's 1.4-litre K-Series unit. As you said, quality and attention to detail too are better in the City. The Ciaz may score in terms of service costs though and is the more affordable car of the two.
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro