Handbuilt Rolls-Royce Cullinan 1:8 scale model shown
Rolls-Royce recently showcased a 1:8 scale replica of the Cullinan SUV. But in typical Roll-Royce opulence, this model has been entirely hand-built, using many of the same processes that go into the making of an actual Rolls-Royce Cullinan.
Each Cullinan scale model is assembled by hand from over 1,000 individual components. This takes up to 450 hours, half as much time as a full-sized Cullinan SUV. The replica is hand-painted using Rolls-Royce colour-matched paint, then hand-polished to the brand's stringent specification. The coachline is applied using a fine brush, just as it is on the original. Buyers can choose from a palette of around 40,000 colours, or replicate any shade of their choosing. The fully-functioning exterior lights are operated by a Cullinan-branded remote control. A perfect recreation of the 6.75-litre twin-turbocharged V12 engine sits under the bonnet.
Similarly on the inside, the materials, finish and quality mimic that of any other Cullinan. Clients can recreate a full-size Cullinan right down to its headrest embroidery, embroidery, seat piping and wood finishes. Another special touch is the illuminated treadplates.
The Cullinan replica is encased in a Perspex display case almost a metre long. This is placed atop a a gloss-black base mounted on a plinth.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant