GST effect: Hyundai India increases prices of its cars
Hyundai India has announced a price hike across its range effective from September 11, 2017 due to the recent change in the GST structure for cars. The price hike is in the range of 2-5 per cent and affects the Hyundai Elite i20, Verna, Elantra and Tucson. The Hyundai Grand i10, Eon and Xcent prices remain unchanged.
Prices of the new Hyundai have gone up by around Rs 29,000
While prices of the Hyundai Elite i20 have been increased by Rs 12,457 on the 1.4-litre petrol automatic, other trim prices haven't changed. The reason is that the 90PS 1.4-litre engine doesn't fall under the 1.2-litre cap for sub-4m petrol vehicles and hence attracts extra cess. Prices of the freshly launched Hyundai Verna have been increased by up to Rs 29,090 while the hike for the Hyundai Creta's prices range between Rs 20,900-55,375. The premium Hyundai Elantra's prices have now increased by Rs 50,312 - 75,991 and the Hyundai Tucson's by Rs 64,828 - 84,867.
It is expected that other manufacturers too will announce a price hike in the coming days.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
- Upcoming 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto specifications leaked
- Mahindra drop another teaser showing off the upcoming EVs infotainment
- 2022 Renault Kiger review, first drive - small changes add up
- More details leaked ahead of the launch of the new Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno-based SUV to make debut in 2023?