Google to shut down Android Auto for smartphones in favour of Google Assitant
Android Auto has been a popular feature in the new-age cars and it has made its way to even entry-level hatchbacks like the Maruti Alto. However, for those cars that don't have the Android Auto functionality, Android used to offer the smartphone software of the same but with the arrival of Android 12, that will be taken off the shelves.
People who still want to have the near Android Auto experience can use Google Assitant's driving mode feature. It can be used to play and change tracks, navigate to destinations with voice control and a lot more. Google incorporated the Android Auto functionality into Android 10 which did not need a separate app to be downloaded. However, some users have reported popup notifications on their mobile devices about the non-availability of Android Auto for Phone Screens as it will only be compatible with car screens moving further.
Users with Android Auto compatible cars would face no issues in usage. Android has recently updated the Android Auto interface to take on its arch-rival, Apple Car Play. Many affordable cars like the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger and Hyundai Venue have started offering wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play functionality so that you don't have to carry a cable every time.
Text by Amit Saraswat
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?