Goodyear to honour US Military with a special message on NASCAR tyres
For the 7th consecutive year running, Goodyear Tyre and Rubber Company will be customizing their Eagle race tyres to show their support for the US Armed Forces. As the official tyre supplier for NASCAR, Goodyear will be replacing the "Eagle" symbol on the tyre sidewall with a "Support Our Troops" message. These tyres will be used at all the races at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in May. NASCAR holds this annual tribute to the US Military, dubbed "NASCAR: An American Salute", and will go on till the Coca-Cola 600 race on May 29.
"Support for the military is part of the fabric of our company. Goodyear's rich history of making tires for the U.S. Armed Forces is a source of pride for our associates especially the many that have served and these tires are a reflection of our deep respect for all Military branches." Said Stu Grant, general manager, Goodyear Tyre and Rubber Company.
The 2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series commenced on February 13 at the Daytona Speedway and will go one till November 20, with the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starting on September 18. The stock cars are powered by 5.9-litre V8 engines pushing out around 900PS.
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent