Goodyear showcases self-inflating tyres for trucks
Commercial vehicle manufacturers rejoice! Goodyear has developed a self-inflating tyre for commercial vehicles. It has an air maintenance system, which when the pressure is low, directs the regulator to pump in air into the tube. While the tyre runs, the tube which runs along the length of it gets squeezed, forcing the air in through an inlet valve. Once it detects that the tyre has been inflated to the right pressure, the regulator switches off the pumping tube and the commercial vehicle can continue on its route.
A grant from the Luxembourg government for research and development will continue to help fund Goodyear's efforts in researching and developing the AMT system for consumer tyres.
- First Ola electric car to be a large sedan
- 2022 Hyundai Venue facelift: Prices and variants explained
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza to be available in 4 variants and 9 colour options
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga CNG review, road test - the best CNG car you can buy?
- Here's how the air conditioning system in an electric car works