GM India suspends production of Sail U-VA, sedan and Tavera BS3
2013 Chevrolet diesel
General Motors India has reportedly suspended production of the recently launched Sail U-VA hatchback and Sail sedan due to some quality issues. While the nature of the 'issue' is unclear, only the diesel variants fitted with the 1.3-litre SDE SMARTECH diesel engine have been affected. Production of the BS3 variant of the Tavera MUV also has been stopped due to some performance and emission issues. A Chevrolet official confirmed to us that there are indeed some issues with the production of these vehicles and that there will be an official statement within a few days. The official also said that these issues aren't a potential safety hazard.
GM India recently launched the Enjoy MPV, which is also fitted with the same 77PS 1.3-litre diesel. The company however, hasn't stopped production of the new MPV. Last month, GM sold 8500 vehicles in all which includes 2851 units of the Sail and 1475 of the Tavera. A dealer whom we spoke to had no idea about the issue but sounded very eager to push us to buy the Sail petrol, offering a delivery in two weeks.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.79 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch