GM India suspends production of Sail U-VA, sedan and Tavera BS3
2013 Chevrolet diesel
General Motors India has reportedly suspended production of the recently launched Sail U-VA hatchback and Sail sedan due to some quality issues. While the nature of the 'issue' is unclear, only the diesel variants fitted with the 1.3-litre SDE SMARTECH diesel engine have been affected. Production of the BS3 variant of the Tavera MUV also has been stopped due to some performance and emission issues. A Chevrolet official confirmed to us that there are indeed some issues with the production of these vehicles and that there will be an official statement within a few days. The official also said that these issues aren't a potential safety hazard.
GM India recently launched the Enjoy MPV, which is also fitted with the same 77PS 1.3-litre diesel. The company however, hasn't stopped production of the new MPV. Last month, GM sold 8500 vehicles in all which includes 2851 units of the Sail and 1475 of the Tavera. A dealer whom we spoke to had no idea about the issue but sounded very eager to push us to buy the Sail petrol, offering a delivery in two weeks.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.79 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet