GM India starts exports of Beat sedan to Latin America
General Motors has started exports of the Chevrolet Beat sedan from India to Latin America. The first batch of 1,200 sedans were exported recently, while production started on June 5, 2017.
Chevrolet manufactures the Beat sedan out of the lone operating plant its has in India - Talegaon. While the sedan (Essentia) was showcased at the Auto Expo 2016 and we have spotted the car on tests multiple times, sadly, it will never be sold here. GM India had recently announced that they are stopping sales by end-2017. Aside from the Beat sedan, Chevrolet also exports the hatchback from India. It is expected that the Beat sedan will have the same engines as the hatchback - a 1.2-litre petrol and 1.0-litre/1.3-litre diesel. The lone transmission will be a 5-speed manual. The Beat sedan gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto connectivity.
Asif Khatri, VP of manufacturing, GM India, stated that the Talegaon facility will be the hub of exports for the company. He further added that the exports from this facility has been tripled in the past year, with the highest recorded monthly sale of 8,297 units.
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh