Geneva Motor Show 2018: Skoda Vision X concept hybrid crossover unveiled
Skoda has unveiled the Vision X concept hybrid crossover at the Geneva International Motor Show 2018. The Skoda Vision X concept is a Petrol / CNG and electric hybrid which will sit below the Skoda Kodiaq and Karoq SUVs in the company's lineup. The design of the Skoda Vision X concept is based on the company's Crysteline Design Language. Skoda says that the Vision X s the next systematic step in its SUV strategy. The production version of the Vision X Concept could also be headed to India in the future, but when it arrives has not been announced as yet. Skoda says that the Vision X concept has been developed to suit the active lifestyle its target user.
The Vision X concept comes powered by an all-new 1.5-litre G-TEC turbocharged four-cylinder engine. This engine has been specially developed for a use with CNG. The CNG powertrain is supported by two electric motors for all-wheel drive.
The 48-volt lithium-ion battery for the motors also benefits from charging via regenerative braking. The engine produces 130PS / 200Nm, with the electric motors providing an additional 70Nm.
The Vision X also features drive modes so the driver can choose the mode that best suits their usage. The Vision X can go from 0 to 100kmph in a claimed 9.3 seconds, with a top speed of 200kmph. It has a combined range of nearly 650km.
Here are more images of the Skoda Vision Z concept:
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know