Geneva Motor Show 2018: Hyundai Kite concept is an electric buggy that also drives on water
Hyundai Motor has unveiled the Hyundai Kite concept, which it has developed in collaboration with Turin-based Istituto Europeo di Design (IED). The Hyundai Kite concept is unique in that it is an amphibious electric buggy. The doorless, windowless, roofless concept can drive on road and converts into a single-seater jet ski to travel over water. This is the second time that the Hyundai Design Centre Europe has jointly developed a concept with master's course students from IED. The last time was in 2014 when they had come up with the PassoCorto, an ultra-lightweight sports car concept. The Hyundai Kite has interlacing surfaces that form a continuum of twists.
The Hyundai Kite draws power from four brushless electric motors on the wheels, and a water turbine to travel on water. The Kite's human-car interaction will be controlled by the user's mobile phone to offer customers intuitive control over all the car's functions. While the wait for an amphibious car from a mainstream automaker may take time, at least we know Hyundai Motor is working on such an idea.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh