General Motors India: Sales figures for October 2013
Corresponding to the 6,754 units that GM sold in India in October 2012, the company has reported sale of 7,715 units in October 2013 - a growth of 14 per cent. A major chunk of the cars sold were of the Beat hatchback (2,679 units). Other cars that contributed to the sales number included 1,965 units of the Enjoy and 1.837 units of the Sail.
A major chunk of the cars sold were of the Beat hatchback (2679 units)
Commenting on the sales, P. Balendran, vice president, GM India said, "The marginal sales rebound seen last month is on account of the festival season combined with the emerging demand for new entries. Discounts are at its peak and sales of diesel vehicles are tapering off as the price differential between the two fuels is dropping sharply. Going by the market scenario, we expect the challenging times to continue as the general economic conditions have not improved. The buoyancy in the market is completely missing and we don't see any sustained market upturn before a new government assumes office after general elections."
- Great Wall Motor quits India after 2 years of operation
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Brezza facelift dimensions, variants revealed ahead of launch
- Mahindra Scorpio-N Vs Mahindra XUV700: What's different?
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder: More interior details revealed
- 2022 Toyota Urban Cruiser Hyryder officially unveiled