Gautam Sen's new book, A Million Cars for a Billion People, out on Kindle now
Veteran motoring journalist, Gautam Sen's new book, A Million Cars for a Billion People is now available for purchase as an ebook.
The book traces the impact of the automobile on a nation and its people citing examples like the Ford Model T in America and the advent of the middle-class car owner spelt by the introduction of cars like the Maruti 800, the Tata Indica and the Hyundai Santro in India. The book especially focuses on the scope for change that was the Tata Nano and the reasons behind its failure.
The book is rife with interesting facts about the early beginnings of the automobile industry and its growth in nations across Europe, America and Asia, all woven into a story aimed at finding "the ultimate people's car". Sounds like a compelling read for all those involved with the automotive industry. Regular motoring enthusiasts can also pick it up to get a new perspective for that next intense auto discussion.
A Million Cars for a Billion People will be available in print early next year, but for now, you can purchase it on Kindle here.
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- Skoda Slavia spied, to slot between Rapid and upcoming Octavia