Gaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
An online store has immortalized the Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 in which Gaurav Gill won his third APRC title in 2017. This, by way of a scale model the firm sells on its website for a pretty reasonable EUR 80 (approximately Rs 6500).
The car depicted is the one Gaurav drove in the opening round of the 2017 season in Whangarei/New Zealand. Gaurav Gill paired with co-driver Stéphane Prévot and were engaged in a tough skirmish with Ole Christian Veiby/Stig Rune Skjaermn.
The Team MRF Fabia R5 that Gill drove to victory in the championship last year featured a 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo petrol developed from the production 1.8-litre turbo petrol seen on cars like the Superb and Octavia. The motor put out 278PS and 420Nm.
The scale model is made from metal and has enough detailing to be a nice representation of the actual car. Indian motorsport fans will also find this to be a great addition to their memorabilia collection, especially since it's a car that marks Gill's third APRC title, and his second on the trot!
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range