Fuel price hike update Day 13: Petrol prices up by 56 paise and diesel by 63 paise
And the hike in fuel prices continue as today marks the 13th day of the same.Today on Friday, the petrol and diesel prices have been increased by 56 paise and 63 paise respectively. In Delhi, you will end up paying Rs 78.37 per litre for petrol and Rs 77.06 a litre for diesel. The cumulative increase in fuel prices have gone up by Rs 7.11 and Rs 7.67 per litre respectively in 14 days. The government has hiked the prices across the country, which will be different at different states depending on the local taxes and VAT applied.
Between March 16 and June 6, oil companies across the country had frozen the price hikes. As a measure to counter the losses due to the ongoing pandemic, the government had hiked the excise duty on both petrol and diesel prices, by Rs 10 per litre on petrol and Rs 13 litre on diesel. Initially, the oil companies such as Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) had absorbed the hike, however, from June 7 onward the fuel prices were hiked on a daily basis. The difference in VAT and local taxes imposed on the fuels make them price differently in various parts of the country.
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Tata Motors experience a 38 percent rise in sales for the month of November 2021
- Bounce Infinity E1 electric scooter launched, prices start from Rs 45,099
- Upcoming Kia MPV officially named Carens, unveil on December 16
- Yamaha Aerox 155 first ride review