Frankfurt Auto Show 2013: Audi Sport Quattro Concept
Audi has unveiled its Sports Quattro concept at the Frankfurt Motor Show. If you'd jog your memory back to the 2010 Paris motor show, you will recollect the Quattro concept, inspired by the 1980 Ur-Quattro. But unlike the 2010 show car that was clearly a concept, this one looks far closer to a production version.
The Ochre yellow aluminium-carbon-fibre clad stunner is a 700PS plug-in hybrid. The 4.0-litre V8 plus electric motor will propel you to 100kmph in 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 305kmph, says Audi. All that power and blistering pace yet it returns 40kmpl according to Audi.
That could be achieved, says the German manufacturer, due to keeping its weight down to 1850kg, battery included. The doors and fenders are made of aluminium, and the roof, the engine hood and the rear hatch are made of carbon fiber-reinforced polymer. The shell itself is made of ultra-high-strength steel panels and cast aluminum structural elements.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Audi India start local production of Q5 SUV
- Lifetime replacement spares and labour covered under Volvo Cars' new lifetime parts warranty scheme