Ford Mustang is the best-selling sports coupe in the world for third year in a row
The Ford Mustang has earned the title of the best-selling sports coupe in the world. According to data from London-based information provider IHS Markit, Ford sold 125,809 units of the Ford Mustang in 2017. These cars were sold across 146 countries, with the majority of the sales coming from the US itself. 81,866 units of the Mustang were sold in the US, followed by China with 7,125 units, Germany (5,742), and the UK (2,211). Across Europe, the Ford Mustang managed to reach 13,100 units in sales, outselling its closest competitor, the Porsche 911.
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt edition
Other popular markets for the Ford Mustang included France (942 units), Belgium (900 units), and Sweden (512 units). Ford has so far exported 4,18,000 units of the Mustang since it began global exports from the US in 2015. The most popular engine choice amongst those sold is the 5-litre V8 which produces 405PS and 542Nm. Ford has also recently revealed a Ford Mustang Bullitt edition, paying homage to yesteryear film Bullitt in which Steve McQueen played the titular character and drove a 1969 Mustang fastback.
While India currently has the previous generation Mustang on sale, the latest-gen Ford Mustang is expected to be here soon.
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know