Ford Ka+ official image and details released
Ford has unveiled its Ka+ sedan, which is based on its Ka hatchback, by releasing an image of the finished product in Brazil. The Ford Ka is expected to replace the Figo and thereafter the Ka+ should replace the Classic in India.
The engines will be the same as the ones in the Ka and some of them might make it to India. The first one is a 1.0-litre naturally aspirated petrol, called the ECOnetic, producing 85PS at 6500 rpm and 105Nm of peak torque at 4500rpm. This engine has valve timing on both the intake and exhaust as well. The engine weighs only 85 kilos and would certainly help to maintain a good power to weight ratio.
The second is the 1.5-litre petrol from Fiesta producing 111PS. There is no word on the diesel engine yet.
Brazil will be the first country to get the Ka+ and then it will be launched in other parts of the world. India will probably get the Ka+ before most of the countries as was the plan for EcoSport. We hope that Ford not only prices it aggressively, unlike the Fiesta, but also handles the bookings and deliveries in a better way than it did with the EcoSport. With fierce competition from Swift Dzire and Amaze, Ford cannot expect customers to cut some slack this time.
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Do you save or lose money on owning an EV in India?